How to Overcome the Beast of Fear
I didn’t know how to overcome fear until I wrote this personal illumination in my notebook in 1988.
Before that insight hit me smack between the eyes, I was filled with fear. Of course, I wasn’t willing to admit it to save my life.
“Who me? Fear?” I laughed and flicked my hand as if to throw it off. “Nah! No way!
I wasn’t quite as enlightened as I am now so many years later.
When I realized that, like it or not, fear defines us on subconscious levels, I was suddenly able to see how fear was directly affecting my behavior.
I was indignant. Outraged. In my mind, it wasn’t fair!
The Light Warrior in me wanted to take the bull by the horns, ride it like a wild bronco. Do something about it. Not let fear own me.
That was my fear of being manipulated talking.
You’ve got to love the irony! My fear of being manipulated was manipulating me big time.
Sometimes fear roars like a hungry lion and you cower in the corner, convinced it’s going to eat you alive. Other times it only growls. You might justify it doesn’t matter or doesn’t exist. Or stomp on it like you’re trying to put out a fire before it starts raging and burns down the house.
Regardless of the size and shape of it, the prevailing thought at the time was the ONLY WAY to handle fear was to OVERCOME it. Plow through it with sheer willpower. That was my Inner Critic trying to protect me from imagined harm.
Fortunately, I was learning how I had the power of Unconditional Love (aka Divine Light Vibrations) on my side. I was ready to take the journey without the battle cry and war paint of just willpower.
It was time to take that bold step into the unknown where fear didn’t limit me.
When stepping into the unknown, we all experience some kind of fear— conscious or unconscious. Fight or flight is written in our human DNA from back when dinosaurs and other beasts saw us as good sources of protein. Kill or be killed became a cultural norm in many ways. With so many war zones in the world today, and terrorism touted in the nightly news, our DNA hasn’t had much of a chance to ascend into higher realms. It has evolved more than it has ascended, and our imaginations are adept at creating danger where danger doesn’t exist.
So it’s up to us with our free choice to overcome fear by ascending our own consciousness instead of waiting for our DNA to do it for us. When we ascend, our DNA will catch up and ascend with us.
How do you know when a subconscious or conscious fear is in play?
ANSWER: When you hold yourself back in any way, shape, or form from having or even knowing what’s in your heart of hearts.
How do you overcome the beast of fear?
ANSWER: Skip the sheer willpower and consciously use the power of Divine Light Vibrations. Pet it with waves of Unconditional Love until it rolls over and turns into a pussy cat that lets you rub its belly.
That’s the more enlightened way.
Let’s look at the difference between the unenlightened and enlightened way of handling fear when it raises its beastly head.
Can you recognize yourself in any of these examples?
If you’re living an UNENLIGHTENED MOMENT of emotional fear—consciously or subconsciously—and you don’t want to overcome it, you might…
- Deny having fear.
- Cower in the corner, metaphorically or otherwise. Freeze up like a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.
- Turn your back to it and pretend it doesn’t exist, except you know it does so you expend inordinate amounts of energy ignoring it. That’s energy you could be investing in something that brings you pleasure, not prison.
- Let it drive you until you become a pale imitation of the glorious you.
- Don’t speak your Truth.
- Put more importance on your Social Persona rather than the authentic you.
- Look outside yourself for validation of self-worth.
- You put a pretty self-marketing spin on your life to cover up a sense of failure.
- Ignore your feelings. Even deny having them.
- Judge others for being “less than” or “not up to your standards” when it’s really you who feels that way about yourself.
- Or any other emotional reaction or sensation other than a deep sense of well-being.
All of those happen when you forget your own innate power in the form of your Infinite Divine Soul.
If you’re living in a more ENLIGHTENED FLOW and are ready to overcome fear, you would…
- Acknowledge you have the fear. Really look at it.
- Unconditionally accept its existence.
- Take it into meditation. Naturally, I suggest the Basic Activation of Divine Light Vibrations Guided Meditation because it’s simple AND powerful. (You get access to that as part of your empowering resources package when you sign up to the website.)
- Send it waves of Unconditional Love and gratitude because you know your fear is actually showing you what you DON’T want.
- Ask for it to enlighten you on what you DO want. That’s a good time to ask your Divine Soul to reveal what’s in your heart of hearts.
- Release the fear to the power of Divine Light Vibrations (aka Unconditional Love) asking for (and allowing) it to transform into illumination.
- Then ask the Infinite Intelligence, Omniscient Wisdom, and Omnipotent power of Unconditional Love to bring you what you want… or something better.
Keep this in mind:
Fear is not the enemy to personal enlightenment.
It can serve you in many ways.
It alerts you to the danger of physically falling over the edge of a cliff. But when it creates an illusion of the possibility of falling over a metaphorical cliff, and you recognize how you’ve been acting as if the illusion is real when it isn’t, you have two choices:
1. Let the fear limit you and hold you back or…
2. Look at the message the fear is trying to convey.
Naturally, we all have moments in which we’re more enlightened and other moments in which the growth opportunity is loud and clear. Still, YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE in how you handle fear when it arises. Use the more enlightened approach outlined above to let it pave the way to a deeper understanding of how powerful you truly are.
I talk more about why and how the ego-intellect and subconscious mind often fight it out with each other in the online course “Meet the Infinite You (8 Step Master Roadmap to Personal Freedom)”. You’ll also learn how to focus and let Divine Light Vibrations manifest your heart’s desire.
This, however, should get you started in knowing how to overcome fear by facing it head on with the power of Unconditional Love. That way, you don’t have to overcome fear. You can let the power of Divine Light Vibrations literally melt it away.
Which road will you take the next time you hold yourself back? The unenlightened or enlightened one?
Here’s an action plan to help you…
(Because knowledge without action is a Mind Game at best).
Think of a situation where you hold yourself back.
Then go for ascending beyond fear into your highest good…
- Ask yourself, “What’s the fear that’s holding me back?”
- Do the Basic Activation of Divine Light Vibrations guided meditation.(You got access to that when you signed up. **In case you didn’t bookmark it, you can find the link at the bottom of any email from me.) Not signed up yet? CLICK HERE.
- Follow the action steps in the enlightened approach above.
IMPORTANT: If you’re unsure how to do any of that, then the online course “Meet the Infinite You (8 Step Master Roadmap to Personal Freedom)” can help you. Click on it to find out more.
- Book: “How to Make the Most of Your Earth Experience (14 Principles for Living Unconditional Love).” This is a jewel of a guidebook that you’ll refer to time and again. Examples and action steps included
- Article: “Healing Emotional Pain.”
Take a step. IF YOU RECOGNIZE IT AS TRUE…
Tweet it out.
Where do you recognize fear in your life?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.